Why Jurmaine Health as your Embodied Athlete™ specialists
A Team of Experienced & Professional Health Experts
Friendly & Informative Approach to Health & Wellbeing
A Holistic & Collaborative Approach to Health
Get in touch today to enquire about our services. We’d love hear from you.
What will be assessed?
Sports injuries are not only extremely common, but can also have long-term effects on an athlete when treated incorrectly or neglected. Without proper care and a recovery plan, what starts as a once-off injury can become multiple repeat injuries which can be devastating for both individuals and sports teams alike.
Soft Tissue Dysfunction
Sport Related Injury
Identifying weak links of movement patterns as result of previous injury and helping to prevent recurrence
Addressing Movement Mechanical vs Biomechanical issues
Is it for me?
As long as you are participating in a sport, you are an athlete.
The difference will be in the range of athletic development. For example, you may be a weekend athlete, a beginner athlete, an intermediate athlete, an advanced athlete, an elite athlete, a professional level athlete.
- Poor sport transition (eg. going from Triathlon to CrossFit™)
- Unsuitable programming for the individual athlete (eg. lifting capabilities or in team sports)
- Technical faults or Technique Mechanics vs Biomechanical issue
- High repetition in Singular (one) Plane of training Pattern
Why Jurmaine Health
At Jurmaine Health, we provide a series of thorough assessments to get to the root cause of the issue you’re facing. From there, we’re able to treat you more effectively, through the development of a customised care plan.
If you’re seeking lymphatic drainage to treat general inflammation or bloatedness, or you have undergone cancer treatment and are in remission, we encourage you to get in touch.
The Lymphogenix process is an all-encompassing system comprised of assessment, diagnosis, treatment, lymphatic draining and massage, with optional lifestyle advice, diet guidance and meal plans.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the signs that I should go to Jurmaine Health?
- When you have been going to a clinic consecutively for weeks on end without a resolution, we may be able to help.
- When you find yourself receiving the same treatment approach for weeks, months or years on end without a resolution, we may be able to help.
What are your fees?
Our Current Fee Structure (fees are subject to change each financial year)
- $195 per hour (taping included)
- $90 per 20 minutes for subsequent sessions
We will inform you if we need to spend more time with you.
Note: Your session at Jurmaine is one whole hour one-on-one – with one of our trained practitioners. Not 15 mins shared across multiple clients as many other clinics do. We are geared for results – this takes time & increases likelihood of lasting outcomes.
- The average total spend by a person in a common rehabilitation setting is $1,300.00.
- People spend an average of $850.00 on rehabilitation fees with us.
- We work with patients who are on a Chronic Disease Management (formerly Enhanced Primary Care or EPC). Speak to your GP who can arrange a care plan on the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS).
Comparison of Jurmaine Health Fees to other practitioners:
- Common Chiropractic Fee: $55 – $60 per 10 – 15 minute session (equivalent to $240 per hour)
- Top End Massage/Musculoskeletal Therapist: $120 per hour
- Top End Strength Trainer: $120 – $150 per hour
- Top End Physiotherapist: $240 – $280 per half an hour
How many sessions are needed?
This usually depends on:
- The diagnosis, issues and goals of the individual
- The rate of recovery
Most people experience a significant difference in pain or movement perception within the first two sessions. However, it is the second session that determines the recovery pathway.
What do I need to bring?
We recommend that you bring:
- Comfortable clothes
- Previous imagings (eg. CT, MRI, X-Ray)
How long are the session?
You can expect your first session to take 1 hour. Most subsequent sessions are 40 minutes, to an hour.
It depends on what you are trying to achieve and how much treatment your body can tolerate.
Do you accept Chronic Disease Management Plans (given by GP)?
Yes, we do. Please check with your health cover provider that you are covered for chiropractic and physiotherapy.
Do you accept Private Health funds?
Yes, we do. Please check with your health cover provider that you are covered for Chiropractic. If for physiotherapy only, we cannot help you claim that if you did need to see one of our head clinicians who are chiropractors.
We take credit card details up-front and require at least 12 hours notice if you are unable to attend your appointment. In cases of emergency, please let us know at your earliest convenience.
Because our time is important, any no-shows and failure to inform us of non-attendance are charged at 100% of the appointment rate.